We recently received an email about an instructor who preferred the older look of ActivityMaker. Since the release of LodeStar 7.2, ActivityMaker has been given much more functionality (See Widgets) and a minimal look and feel that suits the look and feel of D2L Brightspace and other learning management systems.
But the default look and feel can be changed for some templates like ActivityMaker Mobile. Instructors can change the Theme and they can change the Layout.
Follow these steps.
- In LodeStar 7.3, create a project in ActivityMaker Mobile.
- From the opened project, Select Tools > Themes.
- Change Theme. In my example, I will select ‘Black’.
- Click on the Advanced button only if you want full control of the gradient on both the header and the footer (navigator).
- Click on the ‘Ok’ button.
- Click on “Preview” to see the change.
- Click on ‘Reload Page’. But not much is happening yet. The layout needs to be changed as well.
- Close the Preview.
- Select Tools > Layouts.
- Select ‘Navigator-bottom’. (Don’t select Default. We noticed a glitch.)
- If you want a tiled background, click on ‘Get Image’. Your image needs to be a small, repeatable tile.
- Click ‘Ok’
- Click on “Preview” and then ‘Reload Page”.
- You should now see a layout and theme that is similar to previous versions of ActivityMaker.