Inside of LodeStar 7.x do the following:
- Open your project, if not already opened. You will find your most recently used project under ‘File’.
- Select the Export button. Pay attention to where your zip file will be saved.
- Keep the default ‘SCORM 1.3 (Recommended)’ selected.
- Fill in the Module, Topic and Author Fields.
- Click on ‘Create Export’ button.
Inside of D2L BrightSpace 10.8 or later, do the following:
- Go to your course.
- Select ‘Course Administration’
- Select ‘Import/Export/Copy Components’
- In response to the question ‘What would like to do?, select the ‘Import Components’ radio button. Select the ‘from a course package’ radio button.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button at the bottom of the screen.
- In the ‘Import Course Package’’ screen, click on ‘Upload’ button.
- Use the File Browser to find the zipped up learning object. (The file might be located in a shared folder or, in the case of LodeStar, it might be located in the LodeStar/Exports’ folder.)
- Once the file has uploaded, click on the ‘Import All Components’ button.
- Once the process has completed, click on the ‘View Content’ button to navigate to the Content Tool. D2L will always append your new module and topic to the end of your list of modules.
Linking Project (Learning Object) to Gradebook
- In D2L, navigate to the module and topic that matches your learning object.
- Move the topic to the module of your choice if needed. Future uploads of the same learning object will automatically update the topic.
- Select the title to open the topic. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the heading ‘Assessment — Add a grade item…”
- Click on ‘Add a grade item…”
- In the pull down menu that displays ‘No Grade’, select the grade item that you wish to use to record the score reported by the learning object. D2L will automatically do the math to convert points earned in the learning object to points earned in the grade book. Alternatively, click on the ‘+’ button to create a new grade book item. In the ‘New Grade Item’ dialog, fill in Name, Select Category if needed, and fill in the Maximum Points. Click the ‘Create’ button.
- Check ‘Push all existing scores to grades’, if so desired.
- Click ‘Save’.