- Launch LodeStar and choose a project based on the ActivityMaker template.
- Add a new page to your project.
- Select the page type ‘Video’ (not Video Scenario).
- Copy the URL (the address) from YouTube. Notice the screen shot below. Copy the address that is highlighted with blue.
- Paste the address into the first field (box) on the LodeStar Video Page. Ignore everything else.
- Click Preview. Your video wont show in the preview. Now jump out to the Firefox browser. Because you clicked on the LodeStar Preview button, the address of your project was saved to the clipboard. Now paste it in the Firefox address field. You should now see your project and be able to view your video, provided that YouTube hasn’t blocked it.
Please note: You will need to manually pause your video, but once you publish your project to a learning management system, LodeStar will automatically pause the video when the student turns the page.
Inside of LodeStar 7.x, do the following:
- Open your project, if not already opened. You will find your most recently used project under ‘File’.
- Select the Export button. Pay attention to where your zip file will be saved.
- Keep the default ‘SCORM 1.3 (Recommended)’ selected .
- Fill in the Module, Topic and Author Fields.
- Click on ‘Create Export’ button.
Inside of D2L BrightSpace 10.5 or later, do the following:
- Go to your course.
- Select ‘Edit Course’
- Select ‘Import/Export/Copy Components’ (on the left hand side of the screen)
- In the ‘What would like to do? screen’, select the ‘Import Components’ radio button. Select the ‘from a course package’ radio button.
- In the ‘Import Course Package’’ screen, click on the ‘Import All Components’ button and browse to the lodestar zip file in the exports folder.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button.
- Once the process is completed, click on the ‘View Content’ button to navigate to the Content Tool. D2L will always append your new module and topic to the end of your list of modules.